Here are the highlights (or more appropriately, lowlights) and stats from this household.
11:30 pm - Parent #1 went to bed, confidently planning 3 hours of sleep before game begins.
12:30 am (pre-daylight savings time change) - Child #1 jumped in Parents' bed to start game early
12:31 am - Child #1 launches aggressive offense by kicking, twisting, turning, flipping, bolting upright and pinning own appendages under Parent #1's torso and legs.
2:30 am (post daylight savings time change) - Parent #2 shows up to play game. Sees Child #1 sprawled out across entire bed. Forfeits game. Rouses Parent #1 from state of half sleep up to inform her of said forfeit.
2:31 am - Parent #2 immediately retreats to Child #1's empty bed in dark, quiet room, prompting silent cursing from Parent #1.
2:31 - 5 am - Child #1 continues assault. Parent #1 remains on defensive.
5 am - Child #2 makes early appearance in order to participate in game.
5:30 am - Parent #1 forfeits game and sends Children downstairs to play video games.
Records broken during game:
- Child #1 beat own personal records in both "duration of time awake" at 4 hours and "average time stayed asleep" at approximately 9 minutes (Parent #1's time keeping possibly skewed by delirium).
- Parent #1 beat own personal record in "amount of time laying 1/2 off bed" (most of night) and # of times switching side of bed in attempt to free self from Child #1's appendages (4 times)
- # of times Parent #1 silently cursed Autism and Daylight Savings - 597
- # of times Parent #1 kicked - 1,268 (approximately)
- # of personal injuries sustained by Parent #1 - 6
- # of those injuries to eye sockets and nose - 4
- # of hours Children have been playing video games - 4
- Amount Parent #1 cares about time spent on video games - 0
Autism and Daylight Savings - 1,871
Parent #1 - 0
Parent #1 loses the first match in the 2012 Epic Battle against Autism and Daylight Savings in a pathetic shutout. With at least half a dozen more nights to play, Parent #1 will be training by taking a nap this afternoon and coaching Parent #2 on how best to enter the game as a sub.
What are the stats from your own battle last night?